Discover Innovative Energy Saving Solutions at SEAI’s Energy Show 2018
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) Energy Show, Ireland’s leading business energy event returns to the RDS on Wednesday, 18 April and Thursday, 19 April 2018.
The annual free event, features 150 exhibitors of sustainable energy technologies and services, and is a must for those who want to network, learn, build business opportunities and experience the latest innovative energy technologies. Last year, over 5,000 people attended the SEAI Energy Show and according to exhibitors, over €80 million worth of business was won at the 2017 show.
Commenting on the SEAI Energy Show 2018, Jim Gannon, CEO of SEAI, said: “The Irish market for sustainable energy solutions is set to reach €3 billion by 2020 as homeowners, businesses and communities move towards cleaner energy. The SEAI Energy Show offers a unique opportunity to learn about technologies and services that can help improve the energy efficiency of our buildings, and you can find out about renewable sources of energy. The SEAI Energy Show is well established in the Irish calendar and it continues to be a key networking energy event, bringing together buyers, suppliers and speakers to showcase the latest energy innovations.”
Visitors will see everything from large scale renewable energy solutions, to sustainable building products and smart energy management systems at the SEAI Energy Show. Free test drives will be available in the latest electric vehicles and best practice demonstrations will be given on building fabric solutions. Visitors will be able to download a custom app for the SEAI Energy Show, to help facilitate networking opportunities.
Representatives from a host of worldwide embassies will be in attendance, ready to meet with Irish companies to discuss business opportunities in countries including; Argentina, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark and Romania.
Visitors can also link up with industry and professional associations, including the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers, the Heat Pump Association, Engineers Ireland and the Association of Plumbers and Heating Contractors.
The SEAI Energy Theatre returns this year, offering free talks with industry experts on the latest policy and market developments in energy efficiency and renewable energy. Talks of particular interest to those involved in construction include:
- A session on the requirements for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings and Major Renovations within the building sector which will inform designers and contractors of the impact of the new regulations.
- A panel discussion on the new heat pump grant. The session will cover the process in becoming an SEAI registered Heat Pump installer and of getting a house heat pump ready.
- A session on the SEAI Excellence in Energy Efficient Design (EXEED) which incentivises new build or major upgrade projects that design for optimum energy performance. Projects that implement the EXEED process can save up to 30% in energy use and save on capital expenditure for new investments. Find out about the EXEED grant scheme which has opened for applications. It provides support of up to €500,000 per year to all public and private organisations who are planning an investment project of any scale or complexity.
- A session on applying Behavioural Economics to encourage energy saving behaviours. It will inform contractors, installers, and volunteer groups how to design their outreach activities to maximise the number of consumers choosing to retrofit their homes.
- A session on the changing trends in Ireland’s energy use and supply and Ireland’s recent progress towards its renewable energy targets. The session also aims to engage the audience to think about big ideas to address Ireland’s goals to reduce carbon emissions.
The SEAI Energy Show is a free business event and will run from 10am – 6pm on Wednesday 18 April and 9am to 5pm on Thursday 19 April 2018.
For further details and to register, visit www.seai.ie/energyshow