Irish Engineering Company AIS Ltd launches unique product for manufacturing production/packaging lines
AIS Ltd, a wholly owned Irish company has today announced the launch of a new product, the VB-6 smart/industrial interface unit. Designed and manufactured in Ireland, this unique device can be custom programmed, and, due to its small size can easily slot into workstations (in manufacturing facilities) for verifying, scanning and confirming data etc., where space may be an issue.
The VB-6 is already deployed in a number of global medical device companies, based in Ireland, as well as a number of leading companies in the food and beverage sector.
It can be used in any number of applications such as:
- Verifying barcode presence and data in production, with a fixed barcode reader.
- Confirming (barcoded) product contents at manual packing stations.
- Verifying barcode and OCR data in production (requires camera).
- Scanning barcode data, modifying/manipulating data and re-printing (label printer/laser/ink jet etc.).
- Receiving data from RFID controller and presenting on screen or storing on a server.
- Receiving data from a PLC or PC and displaying on screen for operator.
Simon Smyth, Managing Director of AIS Ltd commented that “the VB-6 is a culmination of nearly 2 decades of knowledge and expertise. By working closely with global companies in the medical device, pharma, manufacturing and food and beverage sectors, we saw first-hand the need for a product as multipurpose as this. It is a very exciting time for AIS Ltd. Nothing like this exists on the market”.
Features such as the full colour touch screen, quick set-up times, ability to work with most scanners/printers/scales etc. in a production line, makes this a truly versatile device.
See www.aisltd.ie for more information.