The Irish Dairy Board achieved record sales figures of € 316 million in 2013 in the German market with its Kerrygold butter brand. Managing director of the Irish Dairy Board in Germany Gisbert Kügler says: “This equates to over 200 million packs of butter in over 23,000 outlets each year – enough butter to stretch […]
- Fine Grain Property acquires 60,000 square feet office development in Cork Airport Business Park New Year, new acquisition! Fine Grain Property is delighted to announce it has acquired a 60,000 square feet office development in Cork Airport Business Park. Plans are already afoot to carry out some important improvements to the Building that will benefit its existing tenants, including Aviva, Aon Hewitt, JLT and Genesis. In addition, a significant [...]...
- Irish Technology Sector Has Overtaken Agriculture With 130,000 people now employed, the technology sector has overtaken agriculture as Ireland’s largest industry, according to Ken Finnegan (pictured above), formerly Chief Technology and Research Advisor for IDA Technology Ireland and now Director of Technology & Innovation for the about to be opened Harbour Innovation Campus at Dún Laoghaire. About 15,000 of these tech [...]...
- 2018 Research and Innovation Conference & Exhibition Provides Insight into the R&D and Innovation Ecosystem in Ireland Designed to foster collaboration between industry, academia and government agencies, the 2018 Research and Innovation Conference & Exhibition attracted over 1,000 visitors from across the major industrial sectors in Ireland to the Citywest Hotel, Dublin, on Wednesday, March 14th. The visitors who braved the inclement weather were able to meet with the key organisations that are [...]...
- Dunnes Stores Comes Out on Top of a Growing Grocery Market The latest grocery market share figures from Kantar Worldpanel in Ireland, for the 12 weeks ending 25 February 2018, show continued positive momentum among Irish supermarkets, with growth hitting 3.9%. David Berry, director at Kantar Worldpanel, comments: “Shoppers have spent an additional €96 million on groceries over the latest 12 weeks compared to last year and two [...]...
- New Irish Peer-to-peer Energy Trading Research Project Using Blockchain Technology Imagine a future where Irish consumers will be able to gift or sell their solar power across their neighbourhood as well as sharing and managing their own electricity in a myriad of new ways. EnerPort, a new project launched at the recent International Energy Research Centre (IERC) Annual Conference, aims to accelerate peer-to-peer energy trading [...]...
- Irish Technology Sector Has Overtaken Agriculture
- 2018 Research and Innovation Conference & Exhibition Provides Insight into the R&D and Innovation Ecosystem in Ireland
- Dunnes Stores Comes Out on Top of a Growing Grocery Market
- New Irish Peer-to-peer Energy Trading Research Project Using Blockchain Technology
- Ireland Deepens its International Links in Developing Green Finance
- Government Remains Committed to Getting an Extra 100,000 People at Work by End of 2020
As the dust settles on negotiations by AEA Investors to acquire Siemens Water Technologies, a new name is given to the municipal, industrial and services water and wastewater treatment specialist, and Evoqua Water Technologies is born.
Costing €640m, AEA Investors’ purchase of Siemens Water Technologies puts 45 years of investing experience behind Evoqua, which will continue […]
The Teeling Whiskey Company has announced plans for a new Irish whiskey distillery to be located at Newmarket Square in The Liberties area of Dublin. This will be the first new distillery in Dublin in over 125 years and brings the Teelings home to their ancestral roots.
The Teeling Whiskey Distillery is due to start production […]
A free online system that will save UK businesses time and money by transforming the way they record the waste they produce has been launched by a partnership of waste industry and government bodies led by the Environment Agency. Electronic duty of care – or ‘edoc’ – is expected to save organisations across the country […]
UK grocery group Sainsbury’s is investing millions in the return of its Active Kids scheme, to help children lead healthier, more active lifestyles. Fronted by ambassadors David Beckham and Ellie Simmonds, the 2014 voucher collection scheme launches seven months ahead of key changes to the national curriculum on cooking and healthy eating.
Over 100 new cookery […]
Already in the sixties Spiromatic was a pioneer being the first in the market with GRP or composite silos. Today GRP silos and tanks have become the standard for storage of dry and liquid raw materials. With over half a century of experience, Spiromatic has built up a solid reputation in the food industry.
For storing […]
British beer sales have increased for two consecutive quarters – the first time in 10 years – according to the latest quarterly ‘Beer Barometer’ figures from the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA). The increase in sales follows the Chancellor’s cut in Beer Duty in last year’s Budget – and strengthens calls for a duty […]
Rémy Cointreau has announced that Eric Vallat has joined the group as chief executive officer of the House of Rémy Martin.
After graduating from the HEC business school in Paris in 1993, Eric Vallat began his career in investment banking before rapidly joining, Louis Vuitton. Following three years’ experience in the field, he was appointed chief […]
A growing number of British consumers are looking to recreate café-quality coffee within the comfort of their own home, reveals new research from Mintel. In a report looking at the market for small kitchen appliances sales of hot beverage makers (mainly coffee makers) are highlighted as a star performer within the sector, the market increasing […]
Weber’s Model 4300 Pro-Apply in-line systems combine high-quality label printing and application for economical, fast and accurate pressure-sensitive labelling.
The Model 4300 Pro-Apply systems are designed, engineered and assembled by Weber, within their own manufacturing facility. Each unit features a fully integrated on-demand, thermal/thermal-transfer print engine from Datamax, SATO or Zebra to produce 203, 300 or […]
P.E.T. Engineering was awarded with the ‘Best light-weighting’ for the patented solution ‘swerve neck’ during the Global Beverage Sustainability Awards, at InnoBev 2013.
The awards recognize the beverage industry’s best practice in environmental sustainability across a range of categories from water usage efficiency to packaging development and promoting environmental awareness amongst consumers.
Swerve neck solution allows savings […]
Diageo has added super-premium tequila brand Peligroso to its portfolio. The move comes just weeks after the company announced that a joint venture with Sean Combs had acquired prestige tequila brand DeLeón.
“Acquiring Peligroso is part of Diageo’s strategy of creating a collection of superb quality and distinctive tequilas at complementary price points to appeal to a […]
Every primary school in the UK will be given the chance to learn more about food and where it comes from as part of a major new food education programme. Farm to Fork, the first initiative from The Tesco Eat Happy Project, is backed by supporters including Diabetes UK, the Children’s Food Trust and the […]
PepsiCo has announced plans to invest $5 billion in Mexico over the next five years. The investment is designed to further strengthen PepsiCo’s food and beverage business in Mexico, one of the most attractive markets in Latin America with a growing middle class and numerous opportunities for long-term economic growth.
PepsiCo has a long and successful […]
The ‘Rise of the Hybrid’ which sees new hybrid products and unconventional flavour combinations, was one of the most exciting food trends examined in the latest ‘T for Trends’ webinar presented by Cargill’s cocoa & chocolate business.
Aimed at manufacturers working in confectionery, bakery and dairy sectors, the webinar revealed the ten major food trends and […]
It is widely known that Ibonhart have been industry leaders in bread slicing and packaging equipment for over 30 years. More recently Ibonhart has refined its core products to provide user friendly, efficient and durable machines to excel in industrial environments for many years to come.
Ibonhart aims to meet all slicing and packaging needs for […]
New company Doehler Mexico S.A. de C.V. in Mexico becomes the hub for Central America, the U.S. and Canada
Broad ingredient portfolio and integrated solutions for the American food and beverage industry
Innoval Döhler, based in Mexico City, will become a 100% Döhler subsidiary in January 2014 and thus will be fully integrated into the globally active […]
Premier Foods has reached a conditional agreement with The Gores Group to operate its Bread business as a stand-alone joint venture, which will trade under the name of Hovis. The new arrangement will facilitate a significant increase in investment in the business both to improve the efficiency of its operational infrastructure and to reinvigorate the […]
Mondelez International is to invest £75 million on upgrading the Cadbury factory and headquarters at Bournville near Birminghamin the UK. The money will be spent over three years and will entail the installation of new production lines and new equipment, leading to greater job security. The Bournville factory currently employs about 1,000 people and produces […]
Nestlé is to invest $1 billion in Mexico, building two new factories in the country, which is the sixth largest global market for the company. The five-year investment will fund a new infant nutrition factory in Ocotlán, in western Mexico’s Jalisco state, and a petfood factory in the city of Silao, in the central Mexican […]
This year, 15 food and drink companies from the border regions of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland will be given the chance to review their opportunities on the German food market as part of an EU funded programme aiming to help SMEs supply and trade in international markets.
The ground breaking Access 6 programme aims to […]
Algatechnologies, (Algatech) Israel, announces the successful completion of stability studies for its AstaPure® line of natural astaxanthin products. The research included the successful increase of a recommended retest date for its leading ingredient, 10% astaxanthin oleoresin, to four years at room temperature.
This breakthrough shelf-life extension was approved after completion of more than four years […]
Emulsifier specialist Palsgaard is pleased to announce that the company is in the process of installing a margarine pilot plant at its facilities in Singapore.
Haydee Carlos, Managing Director of Palsgaard Asia-Pacific, explains: “With this new pilot plant we will be able to offer the same service to margarine manufactures in Asia as we are […]
All in All internal invisible barrier system (INTVISIBAR) comprises the latest in surface active control for the minimisation of moisture migration between both bread and meat layers in cooked and raw burger systems. It was also found during accelerated shelf life trials to increase the shelf life of the burger by up to 20% in […]
Velona Acti-Salt is a novel all-natural blend, lower in both sodium and potassium, which is used to replace sodium chloride in both bakery and confectionary products.
The product comprises natural sea-salt and a unique fermented flour blend. This blend gives all the organoleptic qualities of sodium chloride with only 45% of the sodium content. Acti-Salt […]
Velona SL+ is a natural clean label shelf life extension solution for use in a variety of raw and cooked meat products.
Velona SL+ uses the latest in targeted metabolic microbial inhibition to dramatically inhibit the growth of a range of problematic bacteria including Escheria coli, Salmonella spp., Pseudomonas spp. and Listeria spp. as well as yeast […]
Products sweetened with aspartame are as popular as ever. Recent surveys
conducted by Populus Research Ltd have found that in France, 73% of people
aged 16 and over buy or use one or more products with aspartame and in
Great Britain, that figure rises to 87%.
Populus Research Ltd interviewed a nationally representative
sample of 1,000 people in each country. […]
US-based flexible packaging materials manufacturer LPS Industries has extended its product portfolio with the launch of new packaging films ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH) and nanoparticles-based ultrathin.
Both of the two new films are environmentally friendly and offer oxygen barrier properties. Compliant with global regulatory guidelines, the films can be used in place of PVDC (Saran-coated) films […]
UK Walmart subsidiary Asda is adopting cloud-based colour solution PantoneLIVE to standardise the company’s brand colours across its global packaging supply chain.
PantoneLIVE features a centralised colour management system that allows Asda to slash product development and manufacturing costs.
The solution provides Asda with a secure repository for its precise colour data, enabling brand managers to communicate […]
UK-based recycling services provider Viridor is set to invest £25m in a new glass recycling plant in Newhouse, Lanarkshire.
To be located adjacent to the M8 motorway, the new plant will have a recycling capacity of 200,000t of glass a year.
Once completed, the plant will recycle packaging glass collected in Scotland. In this way, it will […]