Six months before the start of the trade fair, the outlook is extremely promising for International FoodTec Brasil, which is celebrating its premiere from 5 to 7 August 2014 in Curitiba, Brazil. Upon expiry of the early booker period, two thirds of the floor space has been let for the Food Technology trade fair, organised […]
- UN Green Finance Network For Climate Change to Establish its European Hub in Dublin A major United Nations programme that encourages global financial centres to place sustainable and green finance at the heart of their operations and help fight climate change, is to establish its European base in Ireland. The new European secretariat will coordinate from Dublin a network of pan-European cities committed to the expansion of green and [...]...
- National Food & Drink Business Conference and Exhibition 2018 – Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin – Wednesday, September 5th The National Food & Drink Business Conference and Exhibition 2018, Ireland’s premier trade event for the food and drink processing, packaging, ingredients and logistics industries, is being held at the Citywest Convention Centre on Wednesday, September 5th, 2018. The theme of the 2018 National Food & Drink Business Conference and Exhibition is ‘Collaborating for an Innovative [...]...
- GMIT IHUB Extension Work Commences The first sod has been turned on the site of the new extension to GMIT’s Innovation Hub (iHub) at the GMIT Galway campus. The extension will double the size of the Innovation Hub to about 2,400 sq m, providing space for an additional three dedicated MedTech R&D units; 17 incubation units for start-ups in the [...]...
- Northern Ireland Housing Market Continues to Perform Strongly The latest Quarterly House Price Index report from Ulster University reveals a relatively healthy housing market with strong but sustainable levels of house price growth over the last 12 months in Northern Ireland. Ulster University’s research is produced in partnership with the Northern Ireland Housing Executive and Progressive Building Society. Analysing the performance of the Northern [...]...
- Research Technical Paper – Economic Migration and Business Cycles in a Small Open Economy With Matching Frictions The Central Bank of Ireland has published a Research Technical Paper. The paper, “Economic Migration and Business Cycles in a Small Open Economy with Matching Frictions”, by Matija Lozej, investigates how the domestic labour market of a small open economy is affected by migration and the implications this has on the business cycle of a [...]...
- UN Green Finance Network For Climate Change to Establish its European Hub in Dublin
- National Food & Drink Business Conference and Exhibition 2018 – Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin – Wednesday, September 5th
- GMIT IHUB Extension Work Commences
- Northern Ireland Housing Market Continues to Perform Strongly
- Research Technical Paper – Economic Migration and Business Cycles in a Small Open Economy With Matching Frictions
- Call For Reduction in Stamp Duty For First-time Buyers
Fletchers Group of Bakeries has completed a £22 million refinancing package and renewal of its banking facilities as it aims for long term business growth. The group, which is a leading supplier of bakery and morning goods to the food service and retail markets in the UK, has partnered with ABN AMRO, which provides the […]
Country Cavan-based free-range egg supplier O’Egg has secured a major order from Tesco to stock 58 stores with its innovative new liquid whole egg and liquid egg white product. The order, which is the equivalent of half-a-million eggs per year, comes on the back of a €1.5 million investment in new product development, manufacturing processes […]
British brewer and pub group Marston’s has opened a new £7.4 million bottling plant at its brewery in Burton on Trent in Staffordshire. Capable of producing 18,000 bottles per hour, the new line will help Marston’s to meet growing demand for its bottled beer. Marston’s has also installed four new 480 barrel conditioning tanks for […]
UK pub chains looking to expand into Ireland, along with providers of electronic goods, clothing and footwear, are likely to be the most active players in the Irish retail property market this year, according to property consultancy, Savills.
“We’re now seeing increased demand from food and drink retailers for prime city-centre space, with requirements currently outstripping […]
United Biscuits is re-launching its McVitie’s brand, unveiling a £12 million multi-media advertising campaign as part of its efforts to accelerate growth for the sweet biscuits category. Representing the biggest campaign of its kind for United Biscuits to date, all of the company’s sweet products (with the exception of go ahead!) will now sit under […]
Nestlé has sold its premium sports nutrition business under the PowerBar and Musashi brands to a US-based consumer packed goods holding company, Post Holdings. Nestlé’s premium sports nutrition business operates mostly in the US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
Based in St Louis, Missouri, Post Holdings is the third largest producer of ready-to-eat […]
The board of Tata Global Beverages has promoted Ajoy Misra, presently the group’s deputy chief executive and executive director, to the position of chief executive and managing director, effective from 1st April 2014. He replaces. Harish Bhat, who will step down at close of business on 31st March 2014 and move into a senior advisory […]
Scottish brewer, the Caledonian Brewing Company, has confirmed that Andy Maddock (pictured) will join the business in March, taking up the role of managing director, following the departure of Stephen Crawley at the end of December 2013. Andy Maddock is currently trade marketing controller for Heineken’s UK business and has undertaken a number of senior […]
Finnish paper and pulp company has developed a new coated version of its Modo Northern Light liner, which is suitable for litho lamination and microflute applications, and primarily for food packaging.
The liner complements the company’s coated Kemiart kraftliners and adds a grade with high whiteness and better printing properties in lower substances.
Manufactured at Metsä Board’s […]
Arla Foods is looking to expand its production globally and make it more eco-friendly by investing DKr2.2 billion (Eur295 million) in ten of its dairy sites in 2014. The focus will be on production of profitable export products for the company’s strategic growth markets outside the EU.
With an ambition to double its exports of European […]
Top food industry executives, banking strategists, and farming interests gathered in Dublin recently for the AgriFood Business Partners conference to explore sustainable investment options for the future growth and development of Ireland’s Agrifood industry. The AgriFood Business Partners Conference is designed to frame a medium term approach to sustainable investment in the Irish agrifood sector […]
A 29-year old Dubliner has been appointed managing director of Britain’s fastest-growing wine company.
Eamon FitzGerald has been named as managing director of Naked Wines UK, the online wine retailing group, which had sales of €73 million last year, an increase of 67 per cent on the previous year.
Naked Wines was founded by Rowan Gormley, who […]
Follow Food & Drink Business Europe on Twitter for all the latest news from the food and drink business sectors. Click on the logo.
Para Print will start to recover, reuse and recycle its flexographic printing plates and related materials using a programme developed by DuPont Packaging Graphics.
Participants in the TR3 programme are responsible for collecting DuPont Cyrel boxes, polystyrene in the boxes, developer rolls, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) cover sheets, Cyrel plates and trim waste. DuPont then recycles the […]
Global drinks can manufacturer Rexam has agreed to sell its pharmaceutical devices and prescription retail packaging units to Montagu Private Equity for $805m.
The two business units employed 1,500 people and recorded sales of £250m in 2012.
The transaction is subject to consultation with several European works councils. It would be completed in mid-2014.
Rexam plans to return […]
Switzerland-based food packaging solutions provider Tetra Pak has launched a new carton package with a separable top for easier recycling.
The new Tetra Top packaging allows consumers to easily separate the plastic top from the carton sleeve at no additional cost, without affecting the pack’s functionality.
The Tetra Top carton package has been developed to meet the […]
The European Commission has published a proposal bringing together two currently separate school schemes, the School Fruit Scheme and the School Milk Scheme, under a joint framework. In a context of declining consumption among children for these products, the aim is to address poor nutrition more effectively, to reinforce the educational elements of the programmes and […]
The FSA has published the third quarterly report of industry results from the testing of beef products for horse meat or horse DNA. No results found horse meat/DNA at or above the 1% reporting threshold. The report includes 6,069 new results, of which 3,333 were submitted by ABP Food Group.
These figures include all test results […]
A prestigious line-up of packaging and print experts has been unveiled for this year’s Packaging Innovations learnShops seminar programme, with presentations from packaging Guru Lars Wallentin, DHL Supply Chain, Iceland Food and Procter & Gamble.
The two day seminar programme running throughout Packaging Innovations at the NEC on 26 & 27 February 2014, will also feature […]
The Irish Dairy Board achieved record sales figures of € 316 million in 2013 in the German market with its Kerrygold butter brand. Managing director of the Irish Dairy Board in Germany Gisbert Kügler says: “This equates to over 200 million packs of butter in over 23,000 outlets each year – enough butter to stretch […]
As the dust settles on negotiations by AEA Investors to acquire Siemens Water Technologies, a new name is given to the municipal, industrial and services water and wastewater treatment specialist, and Evoqua Water Technologies is born.
Costing €640m, AEA Investors’ purchase of Siemens Water Technologies puts 45 years of investing experience behind Evoqua, which will continue […]
The Teeling Whiskey Company has announced plans for a new Irish whiskey distillery to be located at Newmarket Square in The Liberties area of Dublin. This will be the first new distillery in Dublin in over 125 years and brings the Teelings home to their ancestral roots.
The Teeling Whiskey Distillery is due to start production […]
A free online system that will save UK businesses time and money by transforming the way they record the waste they produce has been launched by a partnership of waste industry and government bodies led by the Environment Agency. Electronic duty of care – or ‘edoc’ – is expected to save organisations across the country […]
UK grocery group Sainsbury’s is investing millions in the return of its Active Kids scheme, to help children lead healthier, more active lifestyles. Fronted by ambassadors David Beckham and Ellie Simmonds, the 2014 voucher collection scheme launches seven months ahead of key changes to the national curriculum on cooking and healthy eating.
Over 100 new cookery […]
Already in the sixties Spiromatic was a pioneer being the first in the market with GRP or composite silos. Today GRP silos and tanks have become the standard for storage of dry and liquid raw materials. With over half a century of experience, Spiromatic has built up a solid reputation in the food industry.
For storing […]
British beer sales have increased for two consecutive quarters – the first time in 10 years – according to the latest quarterly ‘Beer Barometer’ figures from the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA). The increase in sales follows the Chancellor’s cut in Beer Duty in last year’s Budget – and strengthens calls for a duty […]
Rémy Cointreau has announced that Eric Vallat has joined the group as chief executive officer of the House of Rémy Martin.
After graduating from the HEC business school in Paris in 1993, Eric Vallat began his career in investment banking before rapidly joining, Louis Vuitton. Following three years’ experience in the field, he was appointed chief […]
A growing number of British consumers are looking to recreate café-quality coffee within the comfort of their own home, reveals new research from Mintel. In a report looking at the market for small kitchen appliances sales of hot beverage makers (mainly coffee makers) are highlighted as a star performer within the sector, the market increasing […]
Weber’s Model 4300 Pro-Apply in-line systems combine high-quality label printing and application for economical, fast and accurate pressure-sensitive labelling.
The Model 4300 Pro-Apply systems are designed, engineered and assembled by Weber, within their own manufacturing facility. Each unit features a fully integrated on-demand, thermal/thermal-transfer print engine from Datamax, SATO or Zebra to produce 203, 300 or […]