In food factories and specialist dairy industries, hygiene is major factor when manufacturing, processing and packaging goods for distribution. In 2012, ASPEN Stainless secured a contract for a super dairy in Aylesbury to manufacture and install thousands of metres of their stainless steel kerbing range and several large, high level gantries. Working hand in hand […]
- Kells Tech Hub Can Play a Major Role in Regional Enterprise Development Following 24 months of research, planning and development, the new Kells Tech Hub has been officially launched. The Kells Tech Hub is a world class regional enterprise development facility that will, through collaboration, clustering and creative thinking, help to support, promote and develop a culture of entrepreneurship in Kells, throughout Meath and across the wider [...]...
- Three Early-Stage Start-ups Spin-in to NovaUCD Three early-stage start-ups have become the latest companies to spin-in to NovaUCD and join the community of entrepreneurs at University College Dublin’s (UCD) Centre for New Ventures and Entrepreneurs. Over 25 companies, employing some 200 people, are currently located at NovaUCD. The three companies, EPIC Conjoint, This is Seaweed and Travacoin, have located to NovaUCD in [...]...
- Irish Exporters Association Launches 18th Export Industry Awards The Irish Exporters Association, in partnership with platinum sponsors KPMG and Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, has announced that the 18th Export Industry Awards are now open for applications and launched the Alumni Programme for 2018. Companies can now submit their online application at http://www.irishexporters.ie/export-industry-awards/ to compete across 11 export industry related categories and be in with [...]...
- Tourism Industry Very Upbeat on Prospects for 2018 Despite Wet and Cold Start to Year A difficult start to the year – due to weather conditions – somewhat dampened tourism sentiment for many sectors but most businesses report a positive outlook for the remainder of the year. This was one of the findings from the latest Fáilte Ireland Tourism Barometer, a survey of more than 500 tourism businesses around the country. [...]...
- Skillnet Ireland – Without Upskilling, Businesses in Ireland Could Lose Competitive Advantage Skillnet Ireland (formerly Skillnets), the national agency for workforce development, has been launched at an event in Co Clare to promote upskilling within enterprise. Its mission is to facilitate increased participation in enterprise training and workforce learning in Ireland. Skillnet Ireland brings together 67 Skillnet Enterprise Learning Networks across the country under one unified brand [...]...
- Kells Tech Hub Can Play a Major Role in Regional Enterprise Development
- Three Early-Stage Start-ups Spin-in to NovaUCD
- Irish Exporters Association Launches 18th Export Industry Awards
- Tourism Industry Very Upbeat on Prospects for 2018 Despite Wet and Cold Start to Year
- Skillnet Ireland – Without Upskilling, Businesses in Ireland Could Lose Competitive Advantage
- Innovation Centre Drives Decade of Growth at Willowbrook Foods
The latest grocery share figures from Kantar Worldpanel, for the 12 weeks ending 8 December 2013, show that, for the first time, over half the country shopped in either Aldi or Lidl during the past 12 weeks. Some 50.1% of all British households stepped into a discount retailer compared with 46.1% a year ago.
Chris Longbottom, […]
Dairy Partners Americas, a joint venture between Nestlé and New Zealand dairy co-operative Fonterra, has opened a new distribution centre in the Brazilian city of Araras. The facility, which represents an investment of SFr33 million (Eur27 million), covers an area of 4,600 sq m and features the very latest technology.
According to Nestlé CEO Paul Bulcke, […]
Carlsberg Breweries has entered into a new revolving credit facility of Eur2.510 billion maturing February 2019, with an option to extend the maturity until February 2020/2021. The Facility has been signed with the group of relationship banks and replaces the Eur1.749 billion facility signed in 2010 and the Eur800 millioin facility signed in 2011.
With the […]
Rademaker has managed to transform bakery traditions of the past into robust, state-of-the-art industrial bakery production lines that meet and exceed customer requirements all over the world.
Founded in 1977, Rademaker was one of the first companies to specialize in the development and supply of innovative solutions for the bakery industry. Today, Rademaker is one of […]
The Scotch whisky industry is embracing the use of non-fossil fuel and investing significantly in renewable technologies as part of its far-reaching Environmental Strategy, according to a newly published report.
The strategy launched in 2009 – the only one embracing an entire manufacturing sector in Scotland – set a number of ambitious targets covering a range […]
Cargill’s cocoa and chocolate business has broken ground on a $48 million (€35 million) investment to double the capacity of its Belgian chocolate production facility in Mouscron over the next two years. The additional capacity will meet growing demand for chocolate in confectionary, bakery, dairy and artisanal applications from European customers.
Cargill’s cocoa and chocolate business […]
Frutarom Industries, one of the world’s ten biggest companies in the flavours and fine ingredients industry, is continuing to implement its rapid and lucrative growth strategy, following its fourth acquisition in 2013. Frutarom is purchaing US-based Hagelin for a cash consideration of $52.4 million.
This acquisition strengthens Frutarom’s foothold in the US market, which is the […]
As demand for high pressure processing (HPP) continues to gain momentum in the marketplace, Avure Technologies, the world’s leading supplier of HPP equipment and related services, has experienced rapid growth in 2013. A major milestone has been reached this year with the announced separation of Avure Technologies into two distinct operating units: Avure Industrial Division, […]
To help bottlers offer health-conscious consumers a bold cola flavor with only half the calories, Royal Crown Cola International (RCCI), a division of Cott Beverages, recently launched RC Cola Neo, a full-flavor, mid-calorie cola. Sweetened with stevia and cane sugar, the beverage caters to the growing market of consumers who demand wholesome ingredients.
“We’re very pleased […]
Leading UK vegetable grower and supplier Produce World Group has completed a successful turnaround of its business over the past three years, according to chairman Neil Fraser. Speaking following the announcement of annual results for the year ending 30th June 2013 he confirms that the company is now in a strong position to develop its […]
Nestlé has inaugurated a new experimental farm on a 30-hectare site in Côte d’Ivoire to focus on plant science and research into nutrition, sustainable agriculture and rural development. The farm, located at Zambakro, some 18km from the capital, Yamoussoukro, will create 20 jobs by 2014.
The farm will develop better varieties of key raw materials for […]
With the completion of the extension to its Straelen plant in Germany, Bonduelle has confirmed its ambitions in the European market for its cut and washed range. The Straelen plant was opened by Bonduelle in 2003 in North Rhine-Westphalia and specialises in the production of cut and washed salads.
After seven months work and an investment of […]
Glanbia plc, the global performance nutrition and ingredients group, has announces two new investments inIreland, which will create 90 jobs in Monaghan and Dublin.
Glanbia Consumer Products, owner of the Avonmore and Premier brands, will build a new UHT (Ultra-Heat-Treated) facility to produce long-life liquid milk and cream suitable for export to emerging markets such as […]
Denny Bros – the creator of Fix-a-Form® the UK’s leading brand of multi-page leaflet labels – is reporting an increase in the number of labels it is producing to accommodate European and worldwide product sales. The company is finding that multilingual Fix-a-Forms® have moved from niche to mainstream use among many manufacturers seeking to attract […]
According to Czech brewery Budejovicky Budvar, a Portuguese trade court has upheld a decision prohibiting its rival, Anheuser-Busch InBev, from using the Budweiser name in the country. The ruling prevents AB InBev, the world’s largest brewer, from selling its beer under the Budweiser name in Portugal.
Budvar says the court in Lisbon rejected AB InBev’s challenge […]
The Carlsberg Group has increased its stake in Chinese brewer Chongqing Brewery Company Co from 29.7% to 60% for a total purchase price of RMB2.9 billion (approximately DKr 2.6 billion, Eur348 million). CBC will be fully consolidated in Carlsberg’s accounts with effect from December 2013.
CBC has 23 breweries located across Western and Eastern China, and […]
The Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) reform package, including measures to halt overfishing and a ban on discarding fish at sea, Parliament’s key aims, has been approved in a final plenary vote. Labelling rules have also been overhauled, to improve information for consumers. The new legislation should allow for more sustainable fishing and take effect on […]
The independent review into the integrity and assurance of Britain’s food supply networks in the UK, being led by Professor Chris Elliott, has made a number of interim recommendations.
The interim report sets out the current weaknesses of supply chain networks in the UK (ahead of the final report to be published in spring 2014), and […]
Bord Bia has launched its national ‘Sustainable Dairy Assurance Scheme’ (SDAS) in Ireland, following eighteen months of planning in conjunction with a stakeholder group, comprising of producers, milk processors and regulatory authorities, appointed to develop the scheme on behalf of milk producers nationwide. The new dairy scheme is fundamental to Bord Bia’s plans to invest […]
Nestlé has become the first major multi-national company to report publicly on its human rights impacts across seven countries, and what it is doing to address them. The company has published a white paper using information from human rights impact assessments performed in collaboration with the Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR) in Angola, Colombia, […]
At its most recent meeting, the European Commission’s Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health has adopted new European Guidance notes for the classification of food extracts with colouring properties. “This decision closes the remaining gap in the legislative regulations on Colouring Foods and paves the way for more transparency and consistency in […]
Partner Logistics is assisting staff to reach their full potential by offering National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) to help consolidate and develop existing skills into formal credentials.
Thirty four out of the forty members of staff at the Wisbech site are in the process of completing NVQs thanks to Partner Logistics’ investment in continuing professional development programmes.
Print Innovations returns to the NEC next February with co-located show Labelling Innovations, and the launch of Converting Innovations, bringing exhibitors out in force.
Opening its doors on 26 and 27 February 2014, Print Innovations has rapidly become Europe’s top print and packaging event as companies descend on the show to display their latest printing machinery, technology and techniques.
The show has […]
CAD Schroer challenged its staff members to cycle to work from April to October, encouraged by charity donations, which grew commensurate with CO2 savings. Staff in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, the Netherlands and the U.S. started their cycling campaign on April 11th. 50 cents per kilometre cycled in June/July went to a good cause, […]
Aspartame and its breakdown products are safe for human consumption at current levels of exposure, EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) concludes in its first full risk assessment of this sweetener. To carry out its risk assessment, EFSA has undertaken a rigorous review of all available scientific research on aspartame and its breakdown products, including both […]
Confectionery group Cloetta has signed an agreement to acquire Alrifai Nutisal, a leading Swedish company within dry roasted nuts. The acquisition is in line with Cloettas’s strategy to broaden its product portfolio within Munchy Moments.
“I am very happy to announce a significant step in to a new category in our home markets with the acquisition […]
Accolade Wines has appointed experienced wine industry executive John Ratcliffe as its chief executive officer. Over the past 11 years John has Ratcliffe been providing operational and strategic expertise to the boards of multinationals, major financial institutions, distributors, retailers and brand owners across the globe. Prior to this, he was the managing director of Seagram UK […]
Dairy Crest has starting consultation with employees and their representatives regarding the proposed closure of its Proper Welsh Milk dairy in Whitland, Carmarthenshire, which currently employs 31 people. Proper Welsh Milk was days from closure when Dairy Crest bought the business from the administrators in March this year, with the aim to maintain production and […]
KPMG has named Nestlé as one of the world’s top ten companies reporting on Corporate Social Responsibility. Nestlé is also the only food and beverage company to be among the top tier of firms analysed as part of KPMG’s 2013 Survey of Corporate Responsibility.
The survey, first published in 1993, assesses reporting by firms in 41 […]