Yearsley Logistics has invested in a bespoke high efficiency cooling system from Star Refrigeration as part of an expansion to cold storage facilities at its flagship distribution centre in Lancashire. As the UK’s largest cold storage and logistics company, Yearsley Logistics has 13 sites nationwide including its head office and key distribution facility in Heywood, […]
- Kells Tech Hub Can Play a Major Role in Regional Enterprise Development Following 24 months of research, planning and development, the new Kells Tech Hub has been officially launched. The Kells Tech Hub is a world class regional enterprise development facility that will, through collaboration, clustering and creative thinking, help to support, promote and develop a culture of entrepreneurship in Kells, throughout Meath and across the wider [...]...
- Three Early-Stage Start-ups Spin-in to NovaUCD Three early-stage start-ups have become the latest companies to spin-in to NovaUCD and join the community of entrepreneurs at University College Dublin’s (UCD) Centre for New Ventures and Entrepreneurs. Over 25 companies, employing some 200 people, are currently located at NovaUCD. The three companies, EPIC Conjoint, This is Seaweed and Travacoin, have located to NovaUCD in [...]...
- Irish Exporters Association Launches 18th Export Industry Awards The Irish Exporters Association, in partnership with platinum sponsors KPMG and Trinity Business School, Trinity College Dublin, has announced that the 18th Export Industry Awards are now open for applications and launched the Alumni Programme for 2018. Companies can now submit their online application at http://www.irishexporters.ie/export-industry-awards/ to compete across 11 export industry related categories and be in with [...]...
- Tourism Industry Very Upbeat on Prospects for 2018 Despite Wet and Cold Start to Year A difficult start to the year – due to weather conditions – somewhat dampened tourism sentiment for many sectors but most businesses report a positive outlook for the remainder of the year. This was one of the findings from the latest Fáilte Ireland Tourism Barometer, a survey of more than 500 tourism businesses around the country. [...]...
- Skillnet Ireland – Without Upskilling, Businesses in Ireland Could Lose Competitive Advantage Skillnet Ireland (formerly Skillnets), the national agency for workforce development, has been launched at an event in Co Clare to promote upskilling within enterprise. Its mission is to facilitate increased participation in enterprise training and workforce learning in Ireland. Skillnet Ireland brings together 67 Skillnet Enterprise Learning Networks across the country under one unified brand [...]...
- Kells Tech Hub Can Play a Major Role in Regional Enterprise Development
- Three Early-Stage Start-ups Spin-in to NovaUCD
- Irish Exporters Association Launches 18th Export Industry Awards
- Tourism Industry Very Upbeat on Prospects for 2018 Despite Wet and Cold Start to Year
- Skillnet Ireland – Without Upskilling, Businesses in Ireland Could Lose Competitive Advantage
- Innovation Centre Drives Decade of Growth at Willowbrook Foods
Valco Melton, as a leading manufacturer of adhesive dispensing and quality inspection systems for the packaging industry, offers a complete solution for end of line palletizing processes. Hot melt and cold glue based palletizing solutions present certain advantages over traditional stretch wrap methods in the following ways:
* Savings: Switching to adhesive based palletizing processes brings […]
Closed Loop Recycling has announced plans to expand the HDPE recycling capability of its Dagenham-based plant to 55,000t a year, in a bid to meet increased demand for recycled HDPE milk bottles from the dairy industry.
The expansion is expected to double the supply of recycled HDPE in the UK market and divert 30,000t of carbon […]
The independent arbitrator in the dispute between Kraft Foods and Starbucks Coffee Company in the US has ruled that Starbucks must pay more than $2.7 billion in total cash compensation for its unilateral termination of the companies’ coffee contract. The award includes compensation for the fair market value of the agreement, a premium for improper […]
Siobhán Talbot (pictured left) has taken up the group managing director’s role at Glanbia, the global performance nutrition and ingredients group, following the formal resignation of John Moloney (pictured right) from the board. Siobhán Talbot has served as group managing director designate since June. She was previously group finance director, where her role encompassed responsibility […]
Carlsberg Group has appointed Christopher Warmoth as senior vice president for the brewer’s Asia region. He joins Carlsberg from HJ Heinz where, during the past ten years, he has held various top positions in the Asia Pacific and Continental/ Eastern European regions, latest as executive VP for the Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East Region.
Prior to […]
Sales of ready meals by the major supermarkets topped £2.3 billion in the UK over the last year, according to market analyst IRI. Its research reveals that although the total ready meal market (frozen and chilled packs) is in decline, it is the traditional British premium ready meal dishes that are seeing the highest levels […]
Unilever has made a pledge to buy all of its palm oil from known and traceable sources by the end of 2014, a part of its target to procure the controversial oil from certified sources by 2020.
Purchasing around 1.5 million tonnes of palm oil and its derivatives annually, which represents about 3% of the world’s […]
Sam Dennigan and Company has announced the launch of Green Giant™ Fresh, a new pre-packed range of fresh vegetables and salads, in Ireland. The new range includes seven products, conveniently packaged in handy sized re-sealable bags, the perfect way for those on the go to get their recommended daily servings of fruit, vegetables and salads.
The merger between Refresco and Gerber Emig to create a leading pan-European bottler of soft drink and fruit juices has been completed. This follows approval by the European Competition Commission on October 4, 2013. The European Competition Commission’s green light to merge is conditional upon divestment of the production and bottling plant in Waibstadt in […]
AarhusKarlshamn (AAK UK) has been selected by Premier Foods, one of Britain’s largest branded food processprs, to be its long term co-development partner for the supply of vegetable oils, fats and related food ingredients as part of a new, three-year collaboration. This partnership is a result of Premier Foods ‘Invest to Grow’ programme, which has […]
PepsiCo and its partners plan to invest Rs33,000 crores ($5.5 billion) in India by 2020.India currently represents one of PepsiCo’s largest markets globally.
Indra Nooyi, chairman and chief executive of PepsiCo, comments: “India is a country with huge potential and it remains an attractive, high-priority market for PepsiCo. We’ve built a highly successful business in India […]
Wine industry leader in innovation Truett-Hurst Inc. wine company of Healdsburg, CA, says no to marketing green-washing. The release of the first paper wine bottle in the U.S. from Truett-Hurst Inc. is the real thing. The paper wine bottle, branded PaperBoy, is a molded outer shell in the shape of a wine bottle, made from […]
· Natural food & beverage ingredients
· Innovative products and product applications
· Integrated solutions approach
At FIE 2013 in Frankfurt, the global producer of natural ingredients and ingredient systems will present a broad, integrated product portfolio that ranges from flavours, colours, speciality & performance ingredients, cereal ingredients, dairy ingredients, fruit & veggie ingredients all the way […]
WRAP’s EU 2020 Vision pinpoints food as one of the most wasted resources and calls for “concerted action” to halve UK household food waste by 2025. Business opportunities from more efficient resource use include:
* Business competitiveness improvements of £330 billion (Eur400 billion)
* The potential for an additional 160,000 people to be employed in the recycling […]
JDO Brand Design & Innovation has created a new look for Diageo Ireland’s Harp brand, which will run on its packaging.
The aim was to increase its relevance to a new generation of drinkers in Northern Ireland and restore some of the heritage of a brand launched 53 years ago by the Guinness Brewery. JDO used […]
Nestlé has set up an innovation outpost in Silicon Valley, California to help deepen relationships with consumers online and in social media. The aim is to enhance existing partnerships with the world’s largest technology corporations while looking for pioneers among the thousands of small technology start-ups that Nestlé can work with.
In the fast growing area […]
Packaging Innovations 2014 returns to the NEC on 26 and 27 February 2014, offering an array of product launches and packaging solutions, a mass of first time and international exhibitors increasing the range of ideas on offer. So whether it is food and drink packaging, industrial solutions, luxury, cosmetic or pharmaceutical packaging, this show has it covered.
International exhibitor, Schur Star Systems, will be launching its latest developments in the UK. Specifically designed for the […]
GELITA, number one in the global collagen protein market, presents smart ways to cope with new requirements for contemporary food. This includes varied texture, new delivery systems and approved health aspects.
This major trend in the US is also growing fast in Asian countries. Either as an application system for different actives or just to […]
BENEO invites industry visitors to Food Ingredients Europe (FiE) 2013 to view its extensive portfolio of functional ingredients designed to promote healthy eating at every stage of life.
It is never too early to begin thinking about a healthy diet. However, health and taste are inseparable, and consumers will only choose functional food and drink […]
Buyers Premium only 12.5%
Equipment briefly comprises of:
Joni Kettle – Audion Electron vffs s/s -16 head multi head weigher – Vegatronic 500 s/s bagging machine – Pallet Inverter – Tray Washer – PALS Labellers – Packing line – Tray sealers – Tray Washer – Robot Coupe R23 – Mixer – Metal Detector/check weighers – […]
25 new jobs are being announced at an Irish semiconductor chip company.Dublin-based firm DecaWave plans to fill the engineering, product management and sales and marketing positions over the next 18 months.The new jobs come as the company launches a new semiconductor chip, which promises to make indoor location and communication more effective.
The technology has particular […]
Accolade Wines has agreed to buy leading New Zealand brands Mud House and Waipara Hills from prominent New Zealand winemaker, the Mud House Wine Group. The deal is subject to approval byNew Zealand’s Overseas Investment Office.
The brands augment Accolade Wines’ existing portfolio of New Zealand brands and offer the opportunity to grow in significant markets […]
Tate & Lyle, the global provider of ingredients and sweeteners to the food, beverage and other industries, has reported a 4% decline in adjusted operating profit to £187 million with adjusted profit before tax down down 3% to £173 million for the six months to 30 September 2013 on sales up 7% to £1.74 billion. […]
Chocotech GmbH, the innovativechocolate and candy solutions specialist, is in the final stages of adding a new 3,000 sq m (32,300 sq ft) kitchen assembly extension to its facility in Wernigerode, Germany. This will increase the manufacturing area to 10,000 sq m (107,600 sq ft) which will allow Chocotech to become more flexible with the […]
Very few people would buy a new car without a test drive, or a house without at least one visit and evaluation. So why would a manufacturer make a significant investment in new capital machinery without having the chance to test it?
Spiroflow is one of the few suppliers of conveying and weighing equipment to offer […]
Werlte, November 2013 – VTL (Vernetzte-Transport-Logistik GmbH) has ordered 40 new Dry Liner trailers from Krone. . Managing Director Andreas Jäschke has now officially received the first trailer in Werlte.
“Our claim “VTL- green packaged goods cooperation” states it very clearly. We take our responsibility for maintaining the natural environment very seriously. That is why we […]
Confectionary group Cadbury is introducing a more “accessible” Dairy Milk wrapper design on its bars this month as it aims to align the product more closely with its new “informal” marketing campaign.
It’s the 23rd time that Dairy Milk has been repackaged over the 108 years since the chocolate bar was first introduced and it adds […]
Empresas Polar, a leading Venezuelan food and beverage manufacturer, has broken new ground with the commercial launch of the first ambient stored yogurt in Venezuela. The non-refrigerated pourable yogurt, called MiGurt, is packaged in an aseptically filled, 750-gram barrier polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle from Amcor Rigid Plastics.
Empresas Polar made its entry into the Venezuelan yogurt […]
Asda has introduced a new roast-in-the-bag chickens in packs produced by FFP, the flexible packaging specalist.
The flexibles group worked with food company Faccenda, who had, according to FFP, been challenged by Asda to come up with a “truly innovative packed product”.
The new line is part of Asda’s premium Butcher’s Choice range and uses FFP’s Estercook […]