Global brewer SABMiller has re-appointed deputy chairman John Manser as acting chairman in light of a deterioration in the health of chairman Graham Mackay. John Manser was acting chairman for five months earlier this year, when Graham Mackay took medical leave of absence to focus on his treatment following surgery for a brain tumour in […]
- Aramark’s Frank Gleeson Named European Industry Leader of the Year Frank Gleeson, president of Aramark Northern Europe, has been named the 2018 NACS European Industry Leader of the Year. The award, sponsored by Mondelēz International, was presented during the recent NACS Convenience Summit Europe in London. “I cannot think of a better leader to be recognised for this prestigious award. He has been one of the industry’s strongest advocates for [...]...
- McAleer & Rushe Recognised at the Irish Construction Industry Awards Gala Northern Ireland-based developer and contractor McAleer & Rushe has been awarded the prize for ‘International Project of the Year’ at the Irish Construction Industry Awards for Global Student Accommodation’s 1000-bed Catherine House scheme in Portsmouth. The awards, now in their fifth year, recognise companies which demonstrate excellence and innovation in Ireland’s construction industry. McAleer & [...]...
- Bord Bia’s 2018 Brexit Barometer Results The Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Michael Creed TD has launched the Bord Bia 2018 Brexit Barometer, a comprehensive survey of 117 Irish food, drink and horticulture companies, representing 48% of the sector’s exporters to the United Kingdom. Over 100 senior industry representatives attended the launch in Bord Bia to hear the report findings. The purpose [...]...
- College Group to Construct New €10 Million Biofuel Facility in County Meath College Group is to invest €10 million in building a new renewable energy facility producing biofuel from used cooking oil and animal fats in north County Meath. The investment is supported by the Irish government through Enterprise Ireland. The new 25 million litre purpose-built plant will be set on a 47.5 acre site and will [...]...
- Irish Global Packaging Solutions Company Announces €27 Million Investment Zeus, the Irish-owned global packaging solutions company, has announced a €27 million investment in new premises in Dublin and the UK. The investment will also lead to the creation of 80 jobs. An investment of €15 million will see Zeus’ Dublin presence double in size to 250,000 sq ft, with the creation of 50 new jobs. Zeus [...]...
- Aramark’s Frank Gleeson Named European Industry Leader of the Year
- McAleer & Rushe Recognised at the Irish Construction Industry Awards Gala
- Bord Bia’s 2018 Brexit Barometer Results
- College Group to Construct New €10 Million Biofuel Facility in County Meath
- Irish Global Packaging Solutions Company Announces €27 Million Investment
- CRH Receives Regulatory Approval For $3.5 Billion Acquisition
Frutarom Switzerland Ltd. Health BU, joins forces with Aquanova AG, the German pharma GMP manufacturer of superior ingredient formulas, to market NovaSOL® Curcumin, a solubilized, highly bioavailable form of curcumin for the dietary supplement and food manufacturing industries.
Frutarom Health will work in collaboration with Molecular Health Technologies, its current sales and marketing agent in the […]
An IGD-led initiative has prevented 125,000t of food supply chain waste since 2010 – enough to fill 65 Olympic swimming pools. The project has met its target for 2013 and is on track to prevent 200,000t of supply chain waste by the end of next year.
IGD has brought together 34 companies through an initiative to […]
A report on the Irish foodservice industry, which is currently valued at €6.07 billion at consumer prices, highlights the fact that Fast Food continues to dominate and that although price is still a venue differentiator for today’s value-conscious consumer, diners are also looking for excitement and new product offerings when eating out. Further growth of […]
As part of a long-term relationship with Arla Foods, Pearlfisher has created a new addition to the Lurpak range – Slow Churned Butter. The work spans brand strategy, structure innovation, packaging design and in-home experience.
Lurpak Slow Churned Butter is a distinctively delicious butter made using traditional dairy craftsmanship. It uses the famous and loved Lurpak […]
UK regional brewer Wells & Young’s Brewing Company has bolstered its presence in Scotland with a new team based in Edinburgh. The move is part of its ongoing commitment to invest in the rejuvenation of Scotland’s much loved beer brands, McEwan’s and Younger’s.
The business has appointed Peter Mooney to the newly created role of general […]
A new study on ageing and appearance led by scientists from Unilever and Leiden University Medical Centerin the Netherlands has discovered that women who look younger than their years tend to have lower blood pressure. This means they have a lower risk of succumbing to cardiovascular disease (CVD), such as heart disease and stroke.
The extensive […]
Irish food group Dawn Meats has won a prestigious Green Apple Environment Award in the United Kingdom, where it has operations in England, Scotland and Wales. The awards are designed to find the greenest companies, councils and communities operating in Europe.
Dawn Meats competed against more than 500 other nominations to receive a Green Apple Environmental […]
An analysis and study of the options for implementing the reform of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in Ireland, finds that beef and sheep producers are most likely to benefit. The study, produced by Teagasc, also points to important issues that need consideration in making decisions on how the reform is implemented in Ireland. Over […]
Yearsley Logistics has invested in a bespoke high efficiency cooling system from Star Refrigeration as part of an expansion to cold storage facilities at its flagship distribution centre in Lancashire. As the UK’s largest cold storage and logistics company, Yearsley Logistics has 13 sites nationwide including its head office and key distribution facility in Heywood, […]
Valco Melton, as a leading manufacturer of adhesive dispensing and quality inspection systems for the packaging industry, offers a complete solution for end of line palletizing processes. Hot melt and cold glue based palletizing solutions present certain advantages over traditional stretch wrap methods in the following ways:
* Savings: Switching to adhesive based palletizing processes brings […]
Closed Loop Recycling has announced plans to expand the HDPE recycling capability of its Dagenham-based plant to 55,000t a year, in a bid to meet increased demand for recycled HDPE milk bottles from the dairy industry.
The expansion is expected to double the supply of recycled HDPE in the UK market and divert 30,000t of carbon […]
The independent arbitrator in the dispute between Kraft Foods and Starbucks Coffee Company in the US has ruled that Starbucks must pay more than $2.7 billion in total cash compensation for its unilateral termination of the companies’ coffee contract. The award includes compensation for the fair market value of the agreement, a premium for improper […]
Siobhán Talbot (pictured left) has taken up the group managing director’s role at Glanbia, the global performance nutrition and ingredients group, following the formal resignation of John Moloney (pictured right) from the board. Siobhán Talbot has served as group managing director designate since June. She was previously group finance director, where her role encompassed responsibility […]
Carlsberg Group has appointed Christopher Warmoth as senior vice president for the brewer’s Asia region. He joins Carlsberg from HJ Heinz where, during the past ten years, he has held various top positions in the Asia Pacific and Continental/ Eastern European regions, latest as executive VP for the Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East Region.
Prior to […]
Sales of ready meals by the major supermarkets topped £2.3 billion in the UK over the last year, according to market analyst IRI. Its research reveals that although the total ready meal market (frozen and chilled packs) is in decline, it is the traditional British premium ready meal dishes that are seeing the highest levels […]
Unilever has made a pledge to buy all of its palm oil from known and traceable sources by the end of 2014, a part of its target to procure the controversial oil from certified sources by 2020.
Purchasing around 1.5 million tonnes of palm oil and its derivatives annually, which represents about 3% of the world’s […]
Sam Dennigan and Company has announced the launch of Green Giant™ Fresh, a new pre-packed range of fresh vegetables and salads, in Ireland. The new range includes seven products, conveniently packaged in handy sized re-sealable bags, the perfect way for those on the go to get their recommended daily servings of fruit, vegetables and salads.
The merger between Refresco and Gerber Emig to create a leading pan-European bottler of soft drink and fruit juices has been completed. This follows approval by the European Competition Commission on October 4, 2013. The European Competition Commission’s green light to merge is conditional upon divestment of the production and bottling plant in Waibstadt in […]
AarhusKarlshamn (AAK UK) has been selected by Premier Foods, one of Britain’s largest branded food processprs, to be its long term co-development partner for the supply of vegetable oils, fats and related food ingredients as part of a new, three-year collaboration. This partnership is a result of Premier Foods ‘Invest to Grow’ programme, which has […]
PepsiCo and its partners plan to invest Rs33,000 crores ($5.5 billion) in India by 2020.India currently represents one of PepsiCo’s largest markets globally.
Indra Nooyi, chairman and chief executive of PepsiCo, comments: “India is a country with huge potential and it remains an attractive, high-priority market for PepsiCo. We’ve built a highly successful business in India […]
Wine industry leader in innovation Truett-Hurst Inc. wine company of Healdsburg, CA, says no to marketing green-washing. The release of the first paper wine bottle in the U.S. from Truett-Hurst Inc. is the real thing. The paper wine bottle, branded PaperBoy, is a molded outer shell in the shape of a wine bottle, made from […]
· Natural food & beverage ingredients
· Innovative products and product applications
· Integrated solutions approach
At FIE 2013 in Frankfurt, the global producer of natural ingredients and ingredient systems will present a broad, integrated product portfolio that ranges from flavours, colours, speciality & performance ingredients, cereal ingredients, dairy ingredients, fruit & veggie ingredients all the way […]
WRAP’s EU 2020 Vision pinpoints food as one of the most wasted resources and calls for “concerted action” to halve UK household food waste by 2025. Business opportunities from more efficient resource use include:
* Business competitiveness improvements of £330 billion (Eur400 billion)
* The potential for an additional 160,000 people to be employed in the recycling […]
JDO Brand Design & Innovation has created a new look for Diageo Ireland’s Harp brand, which will run on its packaging.
The aim was to increase its relevance to a new generation of drinkers in Northern Ireland and restore some of the heritage of a brand launched 53 years ago by the Guinness Brewery. JDO used […]
Nestlé has set up an innovation outpost in Silicon Valley, California to help deepen relationships with consumers online and in social media. The aim is to enhance existing partnerships with the world’s largest technology corporations while looking for pioneers among the thousands of small technology start-ups that Nestlé can work with.
In the fast growing area […]
Packaging Innovations 2014 returns to the NEC on 26 and 27 February 2014, offering an array of product launches and packaging solutions, a mass of first time and international exhibitors increasing the range of ideas on offer. So whether it is food and drink packaging, industrial solutions, luxury, cosmetic or pharmaceutical packaging, this show has it covered.
International exhibitor, Schur Star Systems, will be launching its latest developments in the UK. Specifically designed for the […]
GELITA, number one in the global collagen protein market, presents smart ways to cope with new requirements for contemporary food. This includes varied texture, new delivery systems and approved health aspects.
This major trend in the US is also growing fast in Asian countries. Either as an application system for different actives or just to […]
BENEO invites industry visitors to Food Ingredients Europe (FiE) 2013 to view its extensive portfolio of functional ingredients designed to promote healthy eating at every stage of life.
It is never too early to begin thinking about a healthy diet. However, health and taste are inseparable, and consumers will only choose functional food and drink […]
Buyers Premium only 12.5%
Equipment briefly comprises of:
Joni Kettle – Audion Electron vffs s/s -16 head multi head weigher – Vegatronic 500 s/s bagging machine – Pallet Inverter – Tray Washer – PALS Labellers – Packing line – Tray sealers – Tray Washer – Robot Coupe R23 – Mixer – Metal Detector/check weighers – […]