The merger between Refresco and Gerber Emig to create a leading pan-European bottler of soft drink and fruit juices has been completed. This follows approval by the European Competition Commission on October 4, 2013. The European Competition Commission’s green light to merge is conditional upon divestment of the production and bottling plant in Waibstadt in […]
- Grand Canal Innovation District Planned For Dublin A far-reaching plan for the creation of the Grand Canal Innovation District in Dublin has been launched. The proposal from Trinity College Dublin is modelled on innovation districts in cities such as Boston, Toronto, Rotterdam and Barcelona. It will significantly strengthen Ireland’s competitive advantage when developing new indigenous companies or competing for foreign direct investment. [...]...
- Heiton Buckley Unveils Newly Refurbished Mayo Branch Heiton Buckley, Ireland’s leading supplier of doors, floors, bathrooms, garden, plumbing and heating products, has officially unveiled its newly refurbished branch in Castlebar, County Mayo . GAA star, Andy Moran, CEO of Grafton Merchanting ROI, Patrick Atkinson, Heiton Buckley Castlebar Branch Manager, Mick Kane, and longtime customer Mick Duane officially cut the ribbon and kicked [...]...
- Export Sales by Enterprise Ireland Client Companies Hit New Record Enterprise Ireland, the state agency responsible for helping Irish companies export to international markets, has announced that its clients recorded export sales of €22.71 billion in 2017, representing a 7 per cent increase on 2016. This is the highest level of export sales recorded in the history of the agency and the eighth-consecutive year of [...]...
- BAM Wins €25 Million Contract to Build New Cheese Factory in Cork TINE Ireland, a subsidiary of the Norwegian dairy co-operative TINE, has awarded the construction of a new Jarlsberg® cheese production facility and administration building at Mogeely, County Cork, to BAM Ireland. The contract value is more than €25 million. TINE is Norway’s largest producer, distributor and exporter of dairy products with 11,400 members (owners) and [...]...
- HBAN Scoops Major European Business Angel Network Award HBAN (Halo Business Angel Network), the all-island organisation responsible for the promotion of business angel investment, and a joint initiative of Enterprise Ireland and InterTradeIreland, was crowned Globally Networked Organisation 2018 at the recent EBAN (European Business Angel Network) Awards Ceremony held in Sofia, Bulgaria. HBAN was awarded the prominent European accolade in recognition of the significant [...]...
- Grand Canal Innovation District Planned For Dublin
- Heiton Buckley Unveils Newly Refurbished Mayo Branch
- Export Sales by Enterprise Ireland Client Companies Hit New Record
- BAM Wins €25 Million Contract to Build New Cheese Factory in Cork
- HBAN Scoops Major European Business Angel Network Award
- Irish Whiskey Industry Welcomes EU-Japan Trade Agreement
AarhusKarlshamn (AAK UK) has been selected by Premier Foods, one of Britain’s largest branded food processprs, to be its long term co-development partner for the supply of vegetable oils, fats and related food ingredients as part of a new, three-year collaboration. This partnership is a result of Premier Foods ‘Invest to Grow’ programme, which has […]
PepsiCo and its partners plan to invest Rs33,000 crores ($5.5 billion) in India by 2020.India currently represents one of PepsiCo’s largest markets globally.
Indra Nooyi, chairman and chief executive of PepsiCo, comments: “India is a country with huge potential and it remains an attractive, high-priority market for PepsiCo. We’ve built a highly successful business in India […]
Wine industry leader in innovation Truett-Hurst Inc. wine company of Healdsburg, CA, says no to marketing green-washing. The release of the first paper wine bottle in the U.S. from Truett-Hurst Inc. is the real thing. The paper wine bottle, branded PaperBoy, is a molded outer shell in the shape of a wine bottle, made from […]
· Natural food & beverage ingredients
· Innovative products and product applications
· Integrated solutions approach
At FIE 2013 in Frankfurt, the global producer of natural ingredients and ingredient systems will present a broad, integrated product portfolio that ranges from flavours, colours, speciality & performance ingredients, cereal ingredients, dairy ingredients, fruit & veggie ingredients all the way […]
WRAP’s EU 2020 Vision pinpoints food as one of the most wasted resources and calls for “concerted action” to halve UK household food waste by 2025. Business opportunities from more efficient resource use include:
* Business competitiveness improvements of £330 billion (Eur400 billion)
* The potential for an additional 160,000 people to be employed in the recycling […]
JDO Brand Design & Innovation has created a new look for Diageo Ireland’s Harp brand, which will run on its packaging.
The aim was to increase its relevance to a new generation of drinkers in Northern Ireland and restore some of the heritage of a brand launched 53 years ago by the Guinness Brewery. JDO used […]
Nestlé has set up an innovation outpost in Silicon Valley, California to help deepen relationships with consumers online and in social media. The aim is to enhance existing partnerships with the world’s largest technology corporations while looking for pioneers among the thousands of small technology start-ups that Nestlé can work with.
In the fast growing area […]
Packaging Innovations 2014 returns to the NEC on 26 and 27 February 2014, offering an array of product launches and packaging solutions, a mass of first time and international exhibitors increasing the range of ideas on offer. So whether it is food and drink packaging, industrial solutions, luxury, cosmetic or pharmaceutical packaging, this show has it covered.
International exhibitor, Schur Star Systems, will be launching its latest developments in the UK. Specifically designed for the […]
GELITA, number one in the global collagen protein market, presents smart ways to cope with new requirements for contemporary food. This includes varied texture, new delivery systems and approved health aspects.
This major trend in the US is also growing fast in Asian countries. Either as an application system for different actives or just to […]
BENEO invites industry visitors to Food Ingredients Europe (FiE) 2013 to view its extensive portfolio of functional ingredients designed to promote healthy eating at every stage of life.
It is never too early to begin thinking about a healthy diet. However, health and taste are inseparable, and consumers will only choose functional food and drink […]
Buyers Premium only 12.5%
Equipment briefly comprises of:
Joni Kettle – Audion Electron vffs s/s -16 head multi head weigher – Vegatronic 500 s/s bagging machine – Pallet Inverter – Tray Washer – PALS Labellers – Packing line – Tray sealers – Tray Washer – Robot Coupe R23 – Mixer – Metal Detector/check weighers – […]
25 new jobs are being announced at an Irish semiconductor chip company.Dublin-based firm DecaWave plans to fill the engineering, product management and sales and marketing positions over the next 18 months.The new jobs come as the company launches a new semiconductor chip, which promises to make indoor location and communication more effective.
The technology has particular […]
Accolade Wines has agreed to buy leading New Zealand brands Mud House and Waipara Hills from prominent New Zealand winemaker, the Mud House Wine Group. The deal is subject to approval byNew Zealand’s Overseas Investment Office.
The brands augment Accolade Wines’ existing portfolio of New Zealand brands and offer the opportunity to grow in significant markets […]
Tate & Lyle, the global provider of ingredients and sweeteners to the food, beverage and other industries, has reported a 4% decline in adjusted operating profit to £187 million with adjusted profit before tax down down 3% to £173 million for the six months to 30 September 2013 on sales up 7% to £1.74 billion. […]
Chocotech GmbH, the innovativechocolate and candy solutions specialist, is in the final stages of adding a new 3,000 sq m (32,300 sq ft) kitchen assembly extension to its facility in Wernigerode, Germany. This will increase the manufacturing area to 10,000 sq m (107,600 sq ft) which will allow Chocotech to become more flexible with the […]
Very few people would buy a new car without a test drive, or a house without at least one visit and evaluation. So why would a manufacturer make a significant investment in new capital machinery without having the chance to test it?
Spiroflow is one of the few suppliers of conveying and weighing equipment to offer […]
Werlte, November 2013 – VTL (Vernetzte-Transport-Logistik GmbH) has ordered 40 new Dry Liner trailers from Krone. . Managing Director Andreas Jäschke has now officially received the first trailer in Werlte.
“Our claim “VTL- green packaged goods cooperation” states it very clearly. We take our responsibility for maintaining the natural environment very seriously. That is why we […]
Confectionary group Cadbury is introducing a more “accessible” Dairy Milk wrapper design on its bars this month as it aims to align the product more closely with its new “informal” marketing campaign.
It’s the 23rd time that Dairy Milk has been repackaged over the 108 years since the chocolate bar was first introduced and it adds […]
Empresas Polar, a leading Venezuelan food and beverage manufacturer, has broken new ground with the commercial launch of the first ambient stored yogurt in Venezuela. The non-refrigerated pourable yogurt, called MiGurt, is packaged in an aseptically filled, 750-gram barrier polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle from Amcor Rigid Plastics.
Empresas Polar made its entry into the Venezuelan yogurt […]
Asda has introduced a new roast-in-the-bag chickens in packs produced by FFP, the flexible packaging specalist.
The flexibles group worked with food company Faccenda, who had, according to FFP, been challenged by Asda to come up with a “truly innovative packed product”.
The new line is part of Asda’s premium Butcher’s Choice range and uses FFP’s Estercook […]
Mondeléz International has refreshed its Ritz cracker brand across Europe with new pack designs that draw inspiration from the brand’s early years.
Design agency Bulletproof raided the Ritz archive and analysed the present look to gain an insight into product dynamics, visual qualities and the inherent nostalgia surrounding the iconic brand.
The team balanced each European market’s […]
JTI is introducing four limited edition tins for its Hamlet cigar brand in time for the festive season.
Four “Manly Knowledge” designs inside the inner lids of Hamlet Miniature 10s aim to differentiate the cigar from competitors while stay true to its brand values.
One knowledge tip reads: “One or the Other: Traditional braces or a smart […]
Tango has raised the curtain on a limited edition bottle in a partnership with Paramount Pictures for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.
Britvic, which owns the drink, said the bottles were set to feature the face of the movie’s lead character Ron Burgundy and be supported by POS material.
Bottles come in 2L, 600ml and 330ml formats […]
Brand creative agency Design Bridge has produced a limited edition festive tin for Lyle’s Golden Syrup as part of a long-standing relationship with Tate & Lyle Sugars.
The latest tin includes a Christmas pudding, traditional sixpence, holly, crackers and filigree. It follows on from limited edition designs marking the Queen’s diamond jubilee and Halloween.
According to the […]