Diverse food manufacturing sectors – from poultry and fish processing to pizza manufacturing, and from dairy processing to potato crisp frying – have tested and proven the effectiveness of Enduro Power™. This innovative range of cleaning foams from Diversey™ demonstrates up to 50% less water usage, a reduction of up to 33% in chemical levels […]
- Fáilte Ireland Unveils Range of Measures to Sustain Tourism Growth For 2019 Creating a series of long-term tourism development plans for specific geographical locations, developing new festivals to lengthen the tourism season, and promoting careers in the tourism sector – these are just some of the key initiatives Fáilte Ireland’s CEO Paul Kelly has outline, as he set out plans for 2019. As the tourism agency looks to [...]...
- Genesys Creates 200 New Tech Jobs and Establishes Global Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence Genesys®, the global leader in omnichannel customer experience and contact centre solutions, has announced it is creating 200 new technology jobs in Ireland over the next three years. The senior and highly skilled technical roles are based at the company’s new Galway office. The state-of-the-art facility serves as a Genesys research and development (R&D) hub [...]...
- Bausch Health to Expand Contact Lens Manufacturing Facility in Waterford Bausch Health Companies will invest to expand contact lens manufacturing capacity at its Bausch + Lomb sites in Waterford, Ireland and Rochester in the US. The company is adding multiple production lines at these two sites to support the manufacture of its innovative daily disposable silicone hydrogel (SiHy daily) contact lenses. “Bausch + Lomb is one [...]...
- PropertyBridges.com Successfully Completes First Ever Peer to Peer Property Loan in Ireland Propertybridges.com, Ireland’s new peer to peer lender to the property development marketplace, has just successfully fulfilled its first loan. Over 100 lenders piled into the 250k loan for a new mews build in Sandycove, County Dublin and supported the small developer as well as made 8.5% return for themselves. The whole process took less than [...]...
- Inclusive and Sustainable Responsible Research & Innovation More citizens are involved in science through public engagement. Natural scientists and social scientists have formed collaborations. Users are leading innovation. Open access trends are changing the publishing system. Gender equality has gained political momentum. Together, these efforts form a European-wide approach called Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI). It implies that all of society (researchers, [...]...
- Fáilte Ireland Unveils Range of Measures to Sustain Tourism Growth For 2019
- Genesys Creates 200 New Tech Jobs and Establishes Global Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence
- Bausch Health to Expand Contact Lens Manufacturing Facility in Waterford
- PropertyBridges.com Successfully Completes First Ever Peer to Peer Property Loan in Ireland
- Inclusive and Sustainable Responsible Research & Innovation
- Ireland Starts to Feel Bite of US Tax Reforms
Frutarom Industries, one of the world’s largest companies in the field of flavours and fine ingredients, is continuing to implement its rapid growth strategy with the acquisition of 75% of Moscow-based Protein Technologies Ingredients Group, for a cash consideration of US$50.3 million (reflecting a company value of $67 million). PTI has net assets valued at above […]
From Moscow to Astana to Baku – Paulaner’s Bavarian beer specialities are more popular than ever in the emerging markets of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region, where sales have risen 15% this year alone.
Munich, November 2013 – The Munich-based traditional brewing company Paulaner has increased its sales in the CIS region by around […]
AMI, Bristol, 26th November 2013– Converted flexible packaging represents one of the most complex and dynamic sectors of the European packaging industry. AMI estimates the industry consumed 3.8 million tonnes of substrates in 2012 in a business worth more than EUR 21 billion.
This valuation may surprise some industry observers as considerably lower figures have more […]
Chesapeake Bristol has incorporated an ultra-low migration ink system standards and is understood to be the first self-adhesive label manufacturer in the UK to make the move.
The company is part of Chesapeake’s Branded Packaging division, which manufactures packaging in the food and drink sector. The move follows a set of trials with its supplier Paragon […]
Irish organic food company Just Food, has launched an innovative new range of soups, HiLo, which is the first high protein, low fat soup to be marketed in Europe. The Cork-based company has been a pioneer in the highly dynamic fresh soup category.
Just Food was the first Irish soup company to produce chunky, pulse and […]
On the occasion of this year’s European SME week, FoodDrinkEurope wishes to underline the value of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to the European economy. Europe’s food and drink industry (the largest manufacturing industry in the EU in terms of turnover and employment), is highly fragmented in nature, comprising more than 287,000 companies, the overwhelming […]
The board of directors of Altia has decided to release chief executive Antti Pankakoski from his duties. Antti Pankakoski has served as chief executive since 2007 and has now left office.
“Altia has recently clearly fallen behind its financial targets and lost market share. Performance has decreased during the past two years. The company needs new […]
Speaking ahead of the ADBA National Conference [3 Dec] where he will be chairing a session, Tony Juniper*, said:“A range of cutting edge technologies offer the opportunity to achieve economic and job creation benefits while at the same time meeting environmental goals. Government really needs to wake up to this basic fact and to more […]
Soft drinks group Britvic is looking at upgrading its Rugby site following the trial of a Videojet 1620 UHS coding machine.
The addition enabled Britvic to increase its production line speed by 30m per minute and the site cans Pepsi-Cola products as the company has an exclusive agreement in the UK with PepsiCo to make and […]
Huge growth is expected in the digital print for packaging market, forecast to reach $15.3bn (£9.4bn) by 2018, according to a new report by Smithers Pira, the packaging research and consultancy group.
“The Future of Digital Print for Packaging to 2018” market report says the digital print for packaging market is currently estimated to be worth […]
Wolfertschwenden, 21st November 2013 – At Fruit Logistica, which takes place in Berlin from 5 to 7 February 2014, MULTIVAC will be giving visitors information about a range of packaging and marking technologies for the fruit and vegetable sector. The packaging specialist will be showing on Stand D-05 in Hall 3.1 a variety of packaging […]
The recent K exhibition in Dusseldorf saw AIPIA member AkzoNobel introduce Armofog 151 anti-fog additive which, says the company, enhance anti-fog performance for food packaging and agricultural films.
The first product in this range is marketed under the name of Armofog 151, and improves hot and cold fog performance of polyethylene and EVA food packaging films. […]
From the outside you can’t tell whether pre-packed fish is still fresh. Once you remove the plastic it’s immediately obvious but, by then, it has already in your kitchen! So PhD student Jenneke Heising from Wageningen University in the Netherlands is working on packaging with a built-in nose that tells your smartphone how fresh the […]
Mullinix showcased its innovative, glass-clear, PET/scavenger packaging – maintaining zero oxygen permeation for over four years – at the recent Pack Expo Las Vegas exhibition. The company says the container performs better than metal cans or glass to prevent oxidation of foods and beverages and is ideal for convenience of prepared foods.
The contents can be […]
Caskstrength Creative has teamed up with Diageo for the fourth instalment in its Alphabet series of whisky bottlings, marking the first time 3D printing technology has been used for spirits packaging.
For its ‘D’ release, Caskstrength is releasing a 56.4% proof combination of three Scotch single malt whiskies from Diageo’s premium whisky range – Dailuaine, Dalwhinnie […]
Anheuser-Busch is providing 2,156 cases of emergency drinking water-or 51,744 cans-for use by residents affected by the recent storms in Washington, Pekin and East Peoria, IL.
A truck loaded with water left Cartersville, Ga., earlier this week and is scheduled to arrive the next morning (Tuesday, Nov. 19) at the local Anheuser-Busch wholesaler, Brewers Distributing Company […]
Ecolean will begin the year 2014 with the launch of a brand new innovation: a transparent, aseptic package solution. The package is called Ecolean Air Aseptic Clear, and with its transparency and light weight it is designed to create a unique position on the market.
Ecolean Air Aseptic Clear makes the product visible for the consumer. […]
Fuelled by continued growth in its developing markets, driven by increased capacity, consumer reach and investment in brand portfolios, SABMiller has reported a 4.7% increase in group revenue to $17.6 billion, with profit before tax rising by 7% to $2.4 billion for the six months ended 30 September 2013.
Lager volume grew 1% on an organic basis, […]
Donworth Capital is acquiring two businesses in the Irish fresh food production sector. The company has purchased Galmere Fresh Foods in Galway along with buying Taravale Foods in Kildare out of Examinership. Galmere Fresh Foods was founded in 1980 by chef JJ Coppinger. The company produces freshly prepared salads and soups. Taravale, founded in 1995 […]
Breakthrough science with the ability to control the life-cycle of plants could be the solution to increasing food production as population exceeds nine billion by 2050.
Current estimates by the United Nations (UN) suggest that global agricultural production needs to increase by about 70 per cent between 2005 and 2050 to satisfy the growing demand for […]
Dawn Meats won the overall award within the ‘Sustainability’ category in the recent Bord Bia Food & Drink Awards 2013. The award is in recognition of the food group’s work in this area, which included water saving of between 56–60,000 million litres in 2012 alone. Between water and energy reductions, Dawn Meats has reduced its […]
Looking ahead to 2014, Mintel’s senior trends consultant Richard Cope outlines the four trends set to impact the consumer market in the UK, examining the areas of commercial opportunity for brands – and what consumers will be buying into in 2014.
1 – Internationalism on the Agenda
“After a period of Brand Britannia fever, driven by Olympic […]
Eighty five per cent of Arla Foods Milk Partnership (AFMP) farmers have already signed up to become co-owners of Arla Foods amba, making the long-standing vision of AFMP to become full owners of the European farmer-owned co-operative a reality.
Jonathan Ovens, chairman of AFMP, comments: “The farmer board is absolutely delighted that so many members have […]
Tesco has launched the Future Farmer Foundation to support the next generation of British farmers. The Foundation has been established to help bright, talented, determined young people make their own start in the world of agriculture, whether that is taking over the family farm, embarking on a new business venture, or entering the industry for […]
The latest UK grocery share figures from Kantar Worldpanel, for the 12 weeks ending 10 November 2013, show another all-time record share of 3.9% for Aldi as its consistent rise continues unabated. At the same time, the relaunched Tesco Finest range is surging ahead with 16% year-on-year growth and Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference lifts sales by […]
Bonduelle, the world’s leading processed vegetable producer, has been granted the exclusive global rights to develop and launch dehydrofrozen (“DHF”) vegetables using EnWave Corporation’s Radiant Energy Vacuum (“REV™”) technology. Bonduelle’s global distribution reaches into over 100 countries worldwide, primarily selling fresh, frozen and canned vegetables.
DHF vegetables are partially dehydrated and then quickly frozen. The purpose […]
Unilever is following up its Sustainable Living Plan with the launch of Unilever Project Sunlight, a new initiative to motivate millions of people to adopt more sustainable lifestyles. Project Sunlight aims to make sustainable living desirable and achievable by inspiring people to look at the possibilities of a world where everyone lives well and within […]
Nestlé has announced that it will work in partnership with the World Wildlife Fund and seven consumer firms to encourage the responsible development of bioplastics, derived from plant materials.
Along with Nestlé, the Bioplastic Feedstock Alliance (BFA) will include key fast-moving consumer goods firms The Coca-Cola Company, Danone, Ford, HJ Heinz Company, Nike, P&G, and Unilever.
Mondelez Intenational plans to invest over $100 million in a state-of-the-art biscuit manufacturing plant at its Opava site in the Czech Republic. The investment will create 200 new roles making Oreo cookies and belVita breakfast biscuits.
Since 2009, net revenues for Oreo and belVita have grown 25% and 18% respectively in Europe. This plant will create […]