Researchers at the Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre in University College Cork have discovered how gut bacteria communicate with their host to specifically regulate weight gain and serum cholesterol levels. The research, funded by Science FoundationIreland, has implications for the rational selection and design of probiotics for the control of obesity, high cholesterol and diabetes. The findings […]
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection Recognised at International Excellence Awards Dunnes Stores’ Simply Better Collection will be presented with five prestigious accolades at the Private Label Manufacturers Association (PLMA’s) 2018 International Salute To Excellence Awards, taking place later this month in Amsterdam. This is the third year in a row that the Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection has been recognised for excellence at the PLMAs, last year [...]...
- Paradyn Wins €3 Million in IT Deals With Local Authorities Paradyn, Ireland’s only end-to-end IT and communications service provider, has won €3 million in new IT and communications contracts with Ireland’s local authorities in the past 12 months. Following competitive tendering processes, the company design, implement and manage a number of technical solutions for local authorities. The company now provides managed services to 25 of the [...]...
- Arkphire – The Mobile Device Management Solutions Specialist – to Sponsor TechConnect Live Arkphire, one of the fastest growing IT procurement companies in Europe, is sponsoring the Mobile Tech Summit, which is being held on 30th May 2018 at the RDS in Dublin. Part of the annual TechConnect Live, Ireland’s largest technology event, the Arkphire Mobile Tech Summit, in association with Apple and Cisco, will showcase the mobile [...]...
- Gluten Free Baker Wins Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2018 Rachel McPartlin (pictured) has won the Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2018, organised by Foróige, the leading youth development organisation in Ireland. Rachel took the title with her business Rachel’s Heavenly Homemades, which is a Gluten Free Bakery at affordable prices. Rachel established the business as most of her family are Coeliacs, and because being Coeliac [...]...
- First of Dublin Visitor Attractions Accredited For Excellence in Customer Service Seasons at the Guinness Storehouse and Dalkey Castle have become the first Visitor Attraction Centres in Dublin to complete the Fáilte Ireland’s Accredited Services Excellence Programme. The Programme is aimed at helping tourism businesses reach the highest standards in customer care, which can result in major benefits such as business growth, additional repeat business, increased visitor spend [...]...
- Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection Recognised at International Excellence Awards
- Paradyn Wins €3 Million in IT Deals With Local Authorities
- Arkphire – The Mobile Device Management Solutions Specialist – to Sponsor TechConnect Live
- Gluten Free Baker Wins Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2018
- First of Dublin Visitor Attractions Accredited For Excellence in Customer Service
- Newry Software Business Creating 14 New Jobs to Support Growth in the US
For 25 years, leading companies have been using MicroThermics UHT/HTST processors to make production quality products in their product development and research laboratories. MicroThermics processors provide Easy and Affordable Process Accuracy. MicroThermics specializse in scaling up and down thermal processes. No other company does this. That’s why the best companies in the world (both large […]
McDonald’s Corp.has announced its first Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability Framework that is designed to position the company for the future, while generating measurable, positive impacts for society. In creating the framework, McDonald’s continued its historically collaborative approach by consulting with suppliers, franchisees, customers and more than a dozen sustainability experts, NGOs and socially responsible […]
UK supermarket group Morrisons has announced that it is going to be permanently cheaper with price reductions on 1,200 everyday essentials, reinforcing its credentials as a fresh-led value grocer. The move represents Morrisons’ biggest ever price cuts.
The cuts, which average 17%, will span both own-brand and popular branded products which together make up most of […]
Kellogg Company has announced a new collaboration with Walmart to support the livelihoods of rice growers and sustainable rice growing practices around the world. Kellogg Company president and chief executive John Bryant made the announcement during the recent Walmart Sustainable Product Expo, a three-day meeting with eight of the largest U.S.-based food companies focused on […]
Maceo Design & Management Ltd is a design driven, multidisciplinary Engineering and Project Management Company, which specialises in the delivery of projects of all sizes and complexities within the food industry throughout the UK, Ireland and overseas.
From Internal refurbishments of existing buildings, GMP upgrades and intricate bespoke design solutions, through to complete engineering procurement and […]
Riesbürg, Germany — 06 May 2014 — Pentair Südmo, a leading manufacturer of advanced valve technology and process solutions for the brewing, beverage, food, and pharmaceutical industries worldwide, celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. Founded in Riesbürg, Germany as a supplier to the local dairy industry, Pentair Südmo today is a technology leader with a global presence.
“Sixty years […]
By Tim Hunter, Avure Technologies Incorporated
Up until about 25 years ago, heat was chosen as the pasteurization standard because it was practical and easy to apply to large volumes of product. But when heat is applied to juices and other beverages, shelf stability and sterilization come at the expense of flavor, nutrition, and texture.
The idea […]
Arla Foods has appointed Peter Gioertz-Carlsen (pictured) as the new executive vice president for Arla Foods UK with effect from 1 August 2014, replacing Peter Lauritzen who has decided to take a global role in the Arla Group prior to his retirement in 2015.
Peter Lauritzen, who has successfully led Arla’s business in the UK for the […]
The European Commission has approved 20 programmes to promote agricultural products in the European Union and in third countries. The total budget of the programmes, the grand majority of which will run for a period of three years, is €46.5 million of which the EU contributes €23.3 million.
The selected programmes cover a variety of product […]
Mahou San Miguel, Spain’s leading brewer, has established its first international subsidiary in India through the acquisition of 100% of Arian Breweries & Distilleries, a company owned by a local family group in which it already held a 50% stake through a joint venture agreement reached in 2012.
“These have been two very exciting years during […]
Primoreels A/S has become an established flexible packaging partner for manufacturers in the dairy sector and the water/juice industry. With the constant introduction of new products and battle for shelf space at retail, the company’s solutions help customers stand out with high-quality graphics and long shelf-life performance, that is able to compete with the traditional […]
Azane Inc., based in San Francisco will act as the regional headquarters to serve the North American industrial refrigeration market to meet the demand for their ground-breaking “low-charge ammonia” Azane technology.
The international group has announced it has launched a new subsidiary Azane Inc., to manufacture and supply their game-changing “low-charge ammonia” Azane technology in […]
Glanbia, the global performance nutrition and ingredients group, has announced the appointment of Patrick Coveney (pictured) as a non-executive director, effective from 30 May 2014.
Patrick. Coveney is chief executive of Greencore Group, a leading convenience food group with revenues of £1.2 billion and employing over 12,000 people in the UK, Ireland and the USA. Prior to […]
The European Commission’s annual report on the European fishing fleet shows some progress towards achieving a balance between capacity and available fishing opportunities. However more remains to be done to ensure that stocks are managed in accordance with the objective of Maximum Sustainable Yield (MSY) and the Commission considers that there is still a need […]
Milk is a good choice if you want a relatively affordable food product with a low impact on climate, in relation to its high nutritional value. New research suggests that milk has a high sustainability score and Arla Foods aims to make it even higher by lowering emissions from farming, production, transport and packaging.
For years […]
The Institute of Food and Health at University College Dublin is a major campus-wide initiative designed to develop and conduct world class, multi-disciplinary research into food and health. The Institute collaborates closely with the food and beverage industry, both domestically and internationally.
Bringing together UCD staff with active research programmes in the area of food and […]
Arla Foods Ingredients has launched its advanced whey protein Lacprodan® DI-7017 into the lifestyle nutrition market for the first time.
Lacprodan®DI-7017 is a 100% whey protein concentrate rich in the essential and branched chain amino acids that are scientifically proven to optimise the body’s muscle-building and satiety response mechanisms. The ingredient offers quicker digestion time than […]
The Coca-Cola Company has elected Kathy N Waller (pictured) as executive vice president and chief financial officer, with immediate effect. Kathy Waller is replacing Gary Fayard who is retiring after 20 years with the US-based group.
Kathy Waller most recently served as vice president, finance and controller. She joined the company in 1987 as a senior accountant […]
Chinese taste preferences and food habits are different to those of most Arla Foods consumers inEuropeand the rest of the world. Arla now seeks to tap into the unique needs and trends in China with a new innovation lab in Beijing, where Danish and Chinese dairy- and innovation specialists will develop cheeses and other dairy […]
Kellogg Company’s board of directors has elected John A Bryant, the company’s president and chief executive officer, as chairman of the board effective July 1, 2014. Current chairman James M. Jenness will remain on the board as a non-executive director.
John A Bryant has been a member of the company’s board of directors since July 2010. […]
A wealth of ideas will be on show at the Food & Drink Trends and Innovations Conference to keep in-store and online packaging concepts fresh, functional and profitable
Packaging experts from Denny Bros will be among a select number of exhibitors at the forthcoming Food & Drink Trends and Innovations conference, a one day conference on 20 […]
WILD offers concepts for innovative solutions in the strong growth market
of energy drinks: its products include tart options as well as refreshing
thirst quenchers which incorporate energy drinks into other segments from
the beverage market. The company’s portfolio also features sugar free
The overall market for energy drinks is continuing its growth trend: according to
the market research institute […]
BITEC® Starter LR 1-1000 and BITEC® Starter LR 2 ensure efficient raw sausage production and provide end products with a mild sensory profile
Korntal-Münchingen, Germany, April 2014: Frutarom Savory Solutions introduces an alternative concept to the market for meat applications: BITEC® Starter LR 1-1000 and BITEC®Starter LR 2 are cultures in liquid form. After diluting, they […]
Associated British Foods has reported a 1% increase in adjusted operating profit to £497 million for the 24 weeks ended 1 March 2014, on group revenues that were 2% lower than last year at £6.2 billion. At constant currency, first half profits were 2% ahead and when further adjusted for businesses disposed of last year, […]
McDonald’s has announced its ‘2014 Best of Sustainable Supply’ award winners in a report highlighting how suppliers achieved significant results by identifying opportunities and applying sustainable solutions in diverse places across the world.
More than 600 entries were submitted, with Arla Foods earning a prestigious place alongside 50 other leading projects. McDonald’s leadership and external subject […]
Carlsberg Group is launching a new marketing campaign for its sideways step into the ‘hard drinks’ sector with Seth & Riley’s Garage. The campaign for S&R’s Garage will be launched online globally, and be shown on TV in ten countries including Canada, Russia and Denmark.
The beverage, which has an ABV of 4.6%, is aimed at […]
The worlds of the food scientist and the chef, once very separate, are becoming increasingly close today, and it is clear that very exciting future opportunities in innovation and product development in food, whether in the kitchen or the plant, are likely to arise from this very vibrant interface.
Just as chefs are increasingly using scientific […]
Latest research by Mintel on the chocolate confectionery market in the UK shows that nearly one in six (16%) British consumers, equating to around eight million people, eat chocolate every day, and a similar number (17%) do so four to six times a week. Only a tiny minority (5%) of Brits says they never eat […]
Keogh’s Crisps has become the latest Irish company to make it on to the shelves of Tesco UK, opening up a potentially massive opportunity for the Dublin potato farmers. Keogh’s Farm has just agreed a deal with Tesco UK, which will see the family’s hand cooked artisan potato crisps go on sale in 255 Tesco […]